This handy tool is a must have for any Gardner. The Garden Planner shows the correct times to plant seeds indoor and outdoor for both Spring and Fall. It's based around your first/last frost date, depending if you are planting for Spring or Fall. The garden planner also includes information about plant spacing, suggested soil temperatures for best germination, expected harvest dates, companion plants, and approximate produce yields.
- Made to be used for the continental United States and Canada
- Includes 22 common garden vegetable
- Lists companion plants
- Suggested plant spacing
- Suggested planting depths
- Approximate produce yields
- Includes planting dates for Spring and Fall
1. Obtain the average last and first frost dates for your area (included on the back side of you instruction sheet, which comes with each garden planner)
2. Slide the red "frost" line into the position relative to dates on the top horizontal line of the chart above the cutout window. (each column = 1 week)
3. Find the vegetable you want to plant on the left hand side. Follow it across the horizontal line until you see si or FP, then follow the column up to the dates listed at the top of the chart. (*si = start seeds indoors & *FP = first outdoor planting) the date you land on is the suggested date to plant that particular vegetable.
*If you feel like this is clear as mud...don't worry! Every Garden Planner comes with directions and there is a video link here on our product page!